COMPETITION TIME: Win the chance to sound the foghorn!
To mark the start of our 2019 season we are offering a great day out at Sumburgh Head on 30th March. For more information on the opening day celebrations click here.
At 12 o'clock on 30th March our retained lightkeeper Brian Johnson will be firing up the engines and compressor ready to blast the foghorn.
One lucky winner will be given the chance to assist Brian and open the final valve to sound the foghorn. Three runners up will each be given the chance to help start one of the three engines.
All four winners will be given a complimentary 2019 season pass for Sumburgh Head Visitor Centre.
How to enter
To enter please answer the following question:
Which Stevenson lighthouse was the first to be built in Shetland? Was it:
A: Sumburgh Head Lighthouse
B: Bressay Lighthouse
C: Eshaness Lighthouse
Please submit your entry to us by Monday 25th March 2019.
You can enter online here.
You can also enter by writing to us at Shetland Amenity Trust, Garthspool, Lerwick, ZE1 0NY provding your answer, your name, address and phone number.
All correct answers will be entered into the draw and winners notified in advance.
Terms & Conditions
- Only one entry per person
- The Competition is open to everyone over the age of 5
- Any entrant under the age of 16 must seek parental permission to enter
- Entries must be accompanied by a name, address and contact details
- Closing date for entries is Monday 25th March 2019
- Winners must be present at Sumburgh Head on Saturday 30th March in order to receive their prize
- The prize in non-transferable