COMPETITION TIME 2023: WIN THE CHANCE TO SOUND THE FOGHORN!
Published: 21 March, 2023
DUE TO UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES SUMBURGH HEAD LIGHTHOUSE & UNKEN KAFFEE WILL NOW OPEN FOR THE SEASON ON SATURDAY 8th APRIL 2023
To mark the start of our 2023 season we are offering a great day out at Sumburgh Head on 8th April. For more information on the opening day celebrations click here.
At 12 o'clock on 8th April our retained lightkeeper Brian Johnson will be firing up the engines and compressor ready to blast the foghorn.
One lucky winner will be given the chance to assist Brian and open the final valve to sound the foghorn. Three runners up will each be given the chance to help start one of the three engines.
All four winners will be given a complimentary 2023 season pass for Sumburgh Head Visitor Centre.
How to enter
To enter please answer the following question:
Retained Lightkeeper Brian Johnson has an impressive collection of tools to help him with his job - how many spanners do you think he has in his tool bag?
Please submit your entry to us by 12pm (noon) on Wednesday 29th March 2023.
You can enter online here.
All correct answers will be entered into the draw and winners notified in advance.
Terms & Conditions
- Only one entry per person
- The Competition is open to everyone over the age of 5
- Any entrant under the age of 16 must seek parental permission to enter
- Entries must be accompanied by a name and contact details
- Closing date for entries is Wednesday 29th March 2023, noon
- Winners must be present at Sumburgh Head on Saturday 2nd April in order to receive their prize
- The prize in non-transferable