COMPETITION TIME 2022: Win the chance to sound the foghorn!
Published: 21 March, 2022
To mark the start of our 2022 season we are offering a great day out at Sumburgh Head on 2nd April. For more information on the opening day celebrationsclick here.
At 12 o'clock on 2 April our retained lightkeeper Brian Johnson will be firing up the engines and compressor ready to blast the foghorn.
One lucky winner will be given the chance to assist Brian and open the final valve to sound the foghorn. Three runners up will each be given the chance to help start one of the three engines.
All four winners will be given a complimentary 2022 season pass for Sumburgh Head Visitor Centre.
How to enter
To enter please answer the following question:
The Sumburgh Foghorn has a unique character. What is it?
(a) seven short blasts followed by a long blast
(b) a seven second blast every 90 seconds
(c) a continuous blast until the fog lifts
(d) three blasts every 30 seconds
Please submit your entry to us by 12pm (noon) on Wednesday 30th March 2022.
All correct answers will be entered into the draw and winners notified in advance.
Terms & Conditions
- Only one entry per person
- The Competition is open to everyone over the age of 5
- Any entrant under the age of 16 must seek parental permission to enter
- Entries must be accompanied by a name and contact details
- Closing date for entries is Wednesday 30th March 2022, noon
- Winners must be present at Sumburgh Head on Saturday 2nd April in order to receive their prize
- The prize in non-transferable